Brooke Jacobson from Billings, Montana
Brooke is a student at the University of Idaho. Brooke will receive the 2011 Award Amount of $5000.
Applications are due January 4, 2013 December 30, 2011.
The Society for Range Management (SRM) Masonic-Range Science Scholarship offers financial assistance and recognition to a high school senior, college freshman or college sophomore planning to major in/presently majoring in range science and/or closely related field. The recipient of the scholarship must be planning to attend or be currently in attendance at a college or university with a range science program.
Applicants must be sponsored by a member of the Society for Range Management (SRM), the National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD), or the Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS). The scholarship is awarded by the Masonic-Range Science Scholarship Committee (MasCom), which is a subcommittee of the SRM Student Activities Committee. The MasCom will select and announce the recipient(s) at the SRM Annual Meeting held in February each year.
Further information may be obtained through:
- Society for Range Management
10030 W 27th Ave
Wheat Ridge CO 80215-6601
Applications are Due: December 30, 2011January 4, 2013
Special Note: Applications must be postmarked by the deadline.
The following materials must be submitted together when applying:
- The completed application form; (Click Here for Fillable Application Form (pdf))Special Note: If using a public computer, please clear the form before closing your browser.
- A copy of your high school transcripts; (If applicable, also attach a copy of your college transcript.)
- A certified copy of your SAT or ACT scores (even if a college student); and
- Two (2) letters of reference from teachers, county agents, employers, etc., who might have insight as to your qualifications
Applications received without the accompanying materials cannot be considered.
Application materials should be mailed to:
- Paul Loeffler
Texas General Land Office
500 West Ave H, Suite 101, Box 2
Alpine, TX 79830-6008