Anyone with an interest in rangelands is welcome to join the Society.
Membership is open to anyone engaged in or interested in any aspect of the study, management, or use of rangelands, and includes the following rights and privileges: voting, committee service, nomination and election to offices, access to society journals. The Society is divided into 22 Sections and one Unsectioned category. If you live within one of the Sections, you must register in one of the membership categories for that Section.
The PNW Section dues as if January 1, 2013 are:
|Each Additional Regular Family Member||$40|
|Each Additional Family Life||$250|
- Regular – Basic individual membership in SRM.
- Family – Individuals of the same household desiring more than one membership. Families receive only one subscription, but each member retains all rights and privileges as set forth above.
- Student – Full-time students (high school through graduate school). Not eligible to hold office.
- Apprentice – Verified students who have ended course of study. Can maintain for two years, but must succeed to a different class of membership in third calendar year. Not eligible to hold office.
- Sustaining – Individuals wishing to make an additional contribution to the Society beyond membership. Listed as a “sustaining” member in Society publications.
- Institutional – Institutions or other entities not organized for profit (i.e., Universities, Indian Tribes, Livestock Associations). Must designate a representative who will not be eligible to hold elective office. Listed as “institutional” member in Society publications.
- Commercial – Businesses, individuals, proprietorships or other entities organized for profit. Must designate a representative. Listed as a “commercial” member in Society publications.