Membership is open to anyone engaged in or interested in any aspect of the study, management, or use of rangelands, and includes the following rights and privileges: Voting, committee service, nomination and election to offices, Rangelands journal and the Trail Boss News.
- Regular – Basic individual membership in SRM.
- Family – Individuals of the same household desiring more than one membership. Families receive only one subscription, but each member retains all rights and privileges as set forth above.
- Student – Full-time students (high school through graduate school). Not eligible to hold office.
- Apprentice – Verified students who have ended course of study. Can maintain for two years, but must succeed to a different class of membership in third calendar year. Not eligible to hold office.
- Sustaining – Individuals wishing to make an additional contribution to the Society beyond membership. Listed as a “sustaining” member in Society publications.
- Institutional – Institutions or other entities not organized for profit (i.e., Universities, Indian Tribes, Livestock Associations). Must designate a representative who will not be eligible to hold elective office. Listed as “institutional” member in Society publications.
- Commercial – Businesses, individuals, proprietorships or other entities organized for profit. Must designate a representative. Listed as a “commercial” member in Society publications.