The Texas Section (TSSRM) is a section of the Society for Range Management (SRM).
The SRM is the professional scientific society and conservation organization whose members are concerned with studying, conserving, managing and sustaining the varied resources of the rangelands which comprise nearly half the land in the world. Established in 1948, SRM has over 4,000 members in 48 countries, including many developing nations.
The SRM is a professional organization composed of individuals with a common interest in the study, management, and rational use of rangelands and related ecosystems.
The SRM is the most knowledgeable organization concerned with studying, conserving, managing and sustaining the varied resources of the rangelands which comprise nearly half the land in the world. Membership includes those interested in ranching, wildlife biology, hydrology, range conservation and soil conservation.
The SRM is the professional society dedicated to supporting persons who work with rangelands and have a commitment to their sustainable use. Rangelands comprise almost one-half of all the lands in the world. They are extremely important to society for the goods and services they produce and for the ecological services they provide. SRM is dedicated to the conservation and sustainable management of rangelands for the benefit of current societies and for future generations.
TSSRM Annual Meeting
Because of recent flooding in Wichita Falls, the host hotel for the 2015 TSSRM Annual Meeting is temporarily closed. The planning committee is working closely with the host hotel and CVB to rectify the problem quickly. Please wait until August 1st to make your hotel reservations. Meeting registration remains open. Members can register on line at www.rangelands.org by selecting Member login, Section meetings, and then Texas.
For those that would prefer to register using a credit card, please use the online registration. You do not have to be a member to register on line. Non-members will be asked to create an on line profile for billing purposes. Current members can log on with their SRM username and password.
If you would prefer to register without using the online registration process, please print out Printable Registration Forms and mail it to Reggie Quiet or Royce Siebman.
- May 13-15, 2015 - Rancher Roundtable: Facilitating the Use of Prescribed Fire through Grazing Management, Abilene, TX
Contact Info: Morgan Russell, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-657-7317
Agenda - Page 1
Agenda - Page 2
- Weed and Brush Symposium - What's New Since 2002? - program from the 2013 Weed and Brush Symposium held on March 24, 2013 in Abilene, TX.
- Texas Section Society for Range Management (TSSRM) Resolutions:
TSSRM - Resolution 1 - Texas GLCI
TSSRM - Resolution 2 - Prescribed Burn Training
- SRM Comments on Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board Meeting
- The recording of the webinar "Working with Prescribed Burn Associations" is now available. Just follow the link to the conservation webinar portal and click view.
- Texas Section Society for Range Management Speaks Out On Recent Wildfires: News Release
- A Land in Balance - An Excellent Video on Fire Ecology in Texas